Thursday, June 29, 2006

From the Anthill June, 29th

It has been awhile since I last made a blog entry due to the fact that I am trying to stay as far away from my computer as possible while the weather is nice and our short Canadian summer season starts. It is also the time of year where I enter into urban warfare or perhaps better described as the great undeclared battle with my neighbors over who has the nicest lawn. A sad state of affairs indeed, but it does keep me out of trouble and despite the fact that my wife has astutely pointed out that I seem to have morphed into my own yard obsessed father, I do enjoy spending as much time outside as possible putzing around the yard. Now if only I could find away to get rid of that fairy ring I could die a happy man.

This upcoming Canada Day marks the first day of the lowering of the much hated GST to 6% from the current 7%. Any day that my taxes are lower automatically makes it a great day, but add in some fireworks, a BBQ, some nice weather, and of course some fine icy cold Canadian made beer (now cheaper with the tax cut) it just might be the best Canada Day ever.


I was going to comment on a few other issues today, but screw it. I am in too good of a mood to bring myself down discussing all the crap out there, so instead I wish you all a good day and have a great long weekend!

So now it is off to the fridge for one of my last over taxed beers, and then outside to set up the sprinkler so the kids can run around and cool off a bit while I do some recon of my urban battlefield.

2 comments:

hunter said...

I fought a fairy ring for years, it just got bigger!! Finally, I dug it up and put in a flower bed, looks great now!! If you don't want to do that, pitchfork it, and then drown it with water, 2 or 3 times a day. It's not a 100% cure, but it sort of works. No chemicals work, and as it appears you have young ones, it's best to stay away from chemicals anyways.

Ardvark said...

I have to get rid of the thing, I mean how can a good conservative allow a FAIRY ring in his yard. (note to all the PC lefties: this is a joke, relax)

I have heard about the drowning thing before but have never given it a serious try, perhaps I will give it a try as nothing else has worked. I do my best to stay away from using chemicals where possible, and I have yet to see any product claim to kill fairy ring.

I think I will have another beer and ponder the issue some more.