Thursday, November 29, 2007

Entertainment tonight from the ethics commitee, sort of

Thanks Mary. I am standing a few feet away from the doors to the ethics committee room where Karlheinz Schreiber is expected to testify later today, and all I can say is that you can feel the excitement in the air as people start to file by on the red carpet. It is a who's who of media celebrities as they gather to cover an event that the average Canadian could care less about. One thing you can say about the Canadian MSM Mary, is they know where their bread is buttered.

The security is tight today as the throng of reporters busily attempt to interview anyone who walks by, or in the event no one is walking by, themselves. I just talked with the CBC's Nancy Wilson about today's events which see called "very interesting", and we both agree that their has not been this much excitement among the press in Ottawa since the PM had his last press conference. I wanted to speak with Blogging Tory Stephen Taylor, but some members of the PPG ran him off with a pitchfork when they spotted him earlier in the day, so he was unavailable for comment.

Still plenty more to see today as, oh wait, look over there; I see Jane Taber and CoJo doing as who is hot and who is not on fashion segment. Both of them are wondering if Mr. Schreiber will be wearing his orange jumpsuit today or a new suit that his lawyer Edward Greenspan picked up in Chicago on business recently. On the other side of the red carpet I think I see Mike Duffy interviewing Jim Travers, no wait, it looks like Don Newman is interviewing Travers, no wait again, Duffy and Newman are now fighting over who is going to interview Travers, oh the humanity. Good thing that Chantel Hubert has now stepped in to separate the two or it could have been very messy.

It is indeed a media frenzy here Mary! or perhaps circus would be a better word.

Before I go I will leave you with this bit of breaking news. I just ran into Ben Mulroney doing a bit for CTV, and he promised me that he would be doing an exclusive interview with one of the big names from the hearings. I couldn't get him to reveal the name, but he promises that it will be big, your guess is as good as mine so I guess we will just have to wait and see who it is and ignore the idol chatter until then.

Back to you in the studio Mary, or was that Cheryl?

No comments: